Quick Tips to Boost YOUR Self Esteem.
So be honest …..How are you going with your action steps? If you haven’t started yet, it is never too late! Have a quick look at my previous blog posts and get started today! Come on, if you don’t do it now, when will you do it? (I know, I am a bit of a nag).
In today’s blog, I am going to share with you my top tips for raising your self-esteem. I have been using these tips in my coaching business for years ( www.amazingcoaching.com.au) , and despite the fact that you may think a few of them are rather strange, they do work!
The good news is that by practicing these simple steps you will start to feel more deserving and worthy on the inside – now what a great mirror that is to send out to the outside world. If you think you haven’t got the time or maybe you believe you are too busy, then think again. Many of these will only take a few minutes of your time or can be done when you are in the shower or perhaps brushing your teeth each morning. No excuses remember!
Remember, surely you are worth a few minutes of your own time?
1) Smile at yourself each morning in the mirror. Make sure it’s a big cheesy grin! You are wonderful remember so give yourself some praise.
2) Write a list of things that you like about yourself and your positive qualities. These could be the fact you are loving, helpful, creative, or the fact that you get things done on time. Make sure you write down at least twenty. Remember, if are kind and loving to yourself, people will be kind and loving to you. If you abuse yourself with harsh words, then watch out, you may just invite a bully into your life.
3) Each day affirm to yourself (at least ten times if you can) ‘My self-esteem is growing every day’ and ‘I am a valuable, loveable person and I deserve the very best’
4) Quit comparing yourself to others. Remind yourself that there will always be some people who have more than you, and some people who have less. Comparing yourself to others will NOT make you feel good about yourself.
5) Accept compliments gratefully. The next time somebody says something nice about you, take time to write it down or spend a few moments thinking about how nice it felt.
6) Remind yourself that you are HUMAN. Quit beating yourself up for not being perfect. Vow each day to praise yourself, not criticize yourself. This takes practice but even if you stop yourself from criticising yourself just once then you are making great progress.
7) If you are surrounded by negative people or energy vampires, this will make you feel bad about yourself and will lower your self-esteem. However, if you surround yourself with positive and supportive people you will feel better about yourself and this will raise your self-esteem.
8) Each night before you go to bed, think about (or write down if you wish) five successful things you have done that day. This could be as simple as getting to work on time, helping a friend or cooking a healthy dinner.
9) Set yourself a mini goal to complete each week. This could be anything from speaking to a stranger to putting a new boundary in place. One of the best ways to increase yours self-esteem is to take action – you will feel great about yourself when you do!
10) Be true to yourself. Make sure you are living your own life and not the life someone else wishes you live. If you feel nervous about standing up for yourself make this one of your mini goals. You won’t develop self-esteem if you sit on the sidelines and don’t push yourself to take risks and new challenges.
Remember, we are all capable of increasing our self-esteem with just a little bit of effort.
Go for it – you deserve it!