Listen to Lisa on her ' Spritual and Irritable' radio show!

Listen to internet radio with The Difference on Blog Talk Radio

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Goal Setting for Weight Loss


Goal Setting for Weight Loss

Many people groan when they hear the word ‘Goal Setting’ as it seems a unnecessary and dull process.  I am going to share with you a fun, inspiration goal setting process which will keep you motivated and help you stay on track towards your weight loss goal.  Setting a goal for weight loss is really important and will increase your chances of long term success and will also assist keeping you on track on a daily basis.  It is also a process, you may be glad to hear, which involves sitting down for 30 minutes and no rigorous exercise!

Ready?   Pick up a pen and make yourself comfortable. 

Step 1 -Write down what you are NOT happy with when it comes to your current weight / exercise / eating habits.

Example:  Overweight, lack of motivation to exercise, clothes too tight, insufficient time / energy to exercise, eating too much junk food, eating between meals; find it difficult to stick to your weight loss program.

 Step 2 – Write down how you REALLY would like things to be!  Don’t hold back – Go for    your perfect outcome!

Example:  Lose 7lbs easily, feel motivated to exercise, find it easy to eat healthy meals, feeling great inside and out, look and feel fabulous and sexy.
 
 
 
 
 

 Step 3: Set a realistic date for when you want to achieve your goal.

 

 Step 4:  Write a goal using positive language and make it exciting!  Try to be as specific as you can by including your target weight and   desired weight loss amount. 

 

Example:   It is January 1st 2013 and I am so happy now that I have achieved my target goal weight of 11 stone.   I found really easy to lose weight and I love the way I now look and feel.  I have plenty of energy and time in my day to exercise and enjoy working out at least 3 times a week for a minimum of 40 minutes.  I feel so confident and I love looking at myself in the mirror admiring my new body shape.  I find it so easy to both cook and eat healthy meals.   I look and feel fantastic!  

 

Step 4 - Visualise! 

 

When you have written your goal, take time to visualise.  Sit quietly and imagine how your life is now that you have achieved your goal. How do you look and feel?  See yourself with a big happy smile on your face feeling so happy that you have achieved your desired weight.  

 

Step 5 – Read your goal every day

 

Try laminating your goal and placing it in the shower where you can read it at least once a day.  The more you read it, the more you will achieve it.

 

Step 6 – Use positive thoughts. 

 

Try repeating the following statements first thing in the morning or while you are working out.  Repeated positive statement will help dispel any negative thoughts you have about yourself and will support the achievement of your goals.

·    I deserve to achieve my goal and I accept it now

·    I find it easy to exercise three times a week

·    I am my perfect weight

·    I can do it!

·    I am relaxed and stress free

Happy Goal Setting!

 

Lisa

 

Ps Do you want to know more about goal setting for other areas of your life including finances, career, confidence or relationships?  If so, don’t forget to check out my Amazing Coaching eBook at http://www.amazingcoaching.com.au/diy-ebook.html.
 
 
 

18 comments:

  1. I am well pleased with your article, its very inspiring. I will recommend your weight loss strategy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to comment Hugh.Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well weight loss is the major issue for every one.It is quite necessary for all of them, to decrease their in order to keep in good health. Doing regular, exercise and having nutritious diet are the apparent solution to reduce weight and stay healthy.
    Health club san carlos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writing down. Is it really necessary?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tammie, I believe it is really important to write things down. It is like making a statement and commitment to achieving the goal and if you write it down ( rather than having the idea in your head) it also makes it more likely that you will take the time to read the goal every day xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I managed to lose 5 kg during last month, and have to say that strong ambintion and positive thinking are very important. The idea is that everyone who want it very hard, can do it. Even this is a metter of time only.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Best food which helps to keep we feeling full, while increasing our body’s ability to burn fat. The pectin in apples blocks the cells ability to absorb fat. Secondly, the fiber helps to make our feel full, thus eating less. Thirdly, it encourages water absorption from the food which helps in releasing built up fat deposits from our body.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for posting about weight loss. I found your information very useful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I Like it Thanks <3
    weightloss-challenge13.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice way you have told about lossing wait for people like me who are in tention about lossing their weight.Setting goal, great way to help others.

    HCG Weight Loss in Corona

    ReplyDelete
  11. great post . thx for providing such important information .

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is really a great way to remind yourself why you are doing hard exercises, avoiding junk food and eating a balance diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to comment. Have a lovely day xx

      Delete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina, Keep an eye out on the blog on my website www.amazingcoaching.com.au for more information.

      Delete
  14. This is really good post. I like the optimistic way you write. Keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks very much for your great feedback and compliment. For you information, I also have a blog on my website www.amazingcoaching.com.au.

    ReplyDelete