Listen to Lisa on her ' Spritual and Irritable' radio show!

Listen to internet radio with The Difference on Blog Talk Radio

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Attractive???

I am not sure when this 'feeling' decided to attach itself to my self esteem - but recently I have begin to believe that I have a second head or a fatal flaw which hot single men seem to be aware of.

Is it being 40 and somewhat single for the past two years which has brought on this feeling of unworthiness I wonder? Or perhaps taking too much notice of one's ex who repeatedly informed me that ' nobody else would be interested in me apart from him?'    Or it could be the fact that I am wearing several dunlop tyres around my waistline?

I seem to recall in my 20/30's I could happily have taken part in the 'world's best flirt' competition.  I can also never recall being single up to the age of 32.  I also recall having enormous fun while living in Singapore, unashamedly chatting up ex pats on many a Saturday night.  I even owned my own special ' pulling pants' which had a 100% success rate.

So what is happening now as I repeatedly find myself avoiding that hot bloke eyes just in case he believes that I may be interested?   Why do I find myself struggling to believe that any decent bloke would be interested in taking me out?

Fortunately, being the stubborn and determined Scorpio that I am, I am willing to do something about it and have started with two new affirmations, just to start the ball rolling.  These are:

1) I am willing to release the need to think that men find me unattractive
2) I am willing to believe that men do find me attractive.

What is interesting is my huge resistance to even doing these affirmations.  You would think I was being asked to clean the cooker with a toothbrush or something as I keep coming up huge excuses and justifications as to why I haven't got time or the inclination to do this 2 minute exercise.

What do i gain from this?  Safety perhaps?  Protecting myself from rejection? An excuse to stay in on a Saturday night watching Spooks?
( well, it is a top show).


Needless to say, I am for once following my own advice and choosing to ' If I don't feel like doing it, do it anyway'.      I will keep you informed of progress!

1 comment:

  1. I too have noticed how strange it is to want something but not want to do anything about it. My opinion and experience has lead me to hold it that it is my ego/self image/societies programming that tells me what I should desire to make me happy yet it is my soul's desire which I have energy and inspiration for. So you can work hard to work out what is preventing you from being single or you can just let go flow with life instead of against it. For example it might be you are at the stage of your life where you need to be single in order to discover something. Just ideas I am throwing out there but living this way certainly makes things more peaceful.

    ReplyDelete