Listen to Lisa on her ' Spritual and Irritable' radio show!

Listen to internet radio with The Difference on Blog Talk Radio

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Re Binge Eating - Thank you!

I wanted to take the time to send a big thank you to all the lovely supportive people who contacted me or sent a comment following my last blog on binge eating.

I must admit, I felt truly blessed and thankful to have so many fabulous people in my life.     In particular, I have now been introduced to two people who are also suffering from this upsetting dis-ease and both these people have been a wonderful support to me during this time and we have all openly discussed our fears and our hopes that we are beating this! 

The good news is that I am now 4 weeks clear of a binge eating spree and although I have not yet shifted any weight, I am beginning to feel more at peace with my body, and starting to like the way I look ...just a little bit more!

I also realise over the years how I have abused my body, comparing it to others, feeding it junk and never really saying anything nice about it - so this also a time for me to make some internal changes, thanking my body on a daily basis for helping me walk, run and stay alive.   Don't get me wrong, I am no saint and do not plan to give up my favourite glass of merlot!


Of course, using my skills as a coach, I have also set myself a healthy eating goal, created a fabulous mind map and have introduced a few new affirmations into my life including ' I am at my perfect weight and feel fantastic' and ' I love and accept myself exactly as I am'.

So far so good so thank you all for holding my rope.   x



 

No comments:

Post a Comment