Listen to Lisa on her ' Spritual and Irritable' radio show!

Listen to internet radio with The Difference on Blog Talk Radio

Saturday, July 31, 2010

I feel a tad stuck in my life at the moment and I am finding it very difficult to shake things up and find the momentum I so desperately need to fire myself up and make some long overdue changes. The thing is, I can't decide what decision to make so have decided not to make one yet.





Looking at my goals, I reckon I have completed over 60% of them but still find two of them ( and obviously the two most important) firmly out of my reach. Oh, I have undoubtedly made progress in these areas but seem to find myself somewhat rooted half way up the ladder of success. This has been getting me down recently so I have decided, rather than sit around and feel sorry for myself, I will shake things up and change some things in my external world for a change. My options are as follows:


1) After ten years in Australia, is it time to return to the family in good old England?


2) Do I be sensible and spend all my hard earned savings on a property in the UK rather than here in Australia?


3) Do I blow all my savings ( again) by giving up the life I currently lead and go on (yes, yet another) massive trip round the world volunteering and generally bumming around embracing new experiences?



Up to a year ago, I think I honestly had a good idea of what my life purpose was and it involved coaching, healing and writing books. However, 12 months on, I am really not so sure!

Finding our life’s purpose is one of those things my coaching clients often engage my assistance in. I usually give them the following blurb:




• Your purpose is your heart and souls guiding direction for life


• You were born with a unique talent and a distinctive way of expressing it


• Your life purpose is often hidden by day to day living. The problem is that your life got a little complicated and you forgot what you intended to do. Look at what you enjoyed doing as a child ( and no, I don't mean giving your little brother a Chinese burn).


• Your life purpose may not be career specific.


• Your life purpose will benefit others and in time, the greater good


• Your goals are necessary stepping stones to help you fulfil your true purpose


• When you concentrate on your life purpose, you develop a clear vision for success

• A definite purpose is one of the clearest and brightest roads to health.



If you find yourself interested in finding your life purpose, I have put together some simple suggestions from people who have now found their purpose in life and are now living the life of their dreams. Be inspired to follow your heart and discover what you have been put on this world to do!






I think for once, I may also need to take my own advice on this one…………………….




1) Listen to your inner voice and intuition. Practice listening to your heart and what makes your heart sing. This can take practice and your passion will often come as an event which reminds you of what is important and what makes you happy.


2) Recognise if you feel stuck or on ground hog day. Does your job make you happy or does it feel like a grind? Are you spending your free time on something which makes your heart sing? Take some time to look at your happiness. If you are feeling unfulfilled do more things which make your flame roar and your heart sing. Write a list of 50 things which make you happy and try to do at least one every day.


3) Keep an open mind and be open to possibilities. Create happiness instead of chasing it. Explore your life and try new things. Unearth all of the things which bring you joy.


4) ‘Act independently of the good opinion of other people’ (Wayne Dyer). Sometimes following your heart and life purpose means tuning out the voices of the world and other people in your life and going against the opinion of other people. Take a leap and trust in yourself and your dreams. Trust that all will be ok!


5) Make a choice in what sort of person you wish to be. Rather than concentrating on what you want to do, focus on who you want to be. How do you want to feel? What sort of person do you want to be? Let these choices be your guide and make decisions based on what sort of person you want to be.






6) Trust in change. Difficult times and change are a natural part of life. Try not to resist change. Be open to new experiences and let go of the old.


7) Release old regrets. It is easy to regret the time that you have spent being unhappy. Realise that everything happens for a reason and during this time you would have learned some valuable lessons and skills you needed to know to move on. It is just as important to know what you don’t want as it is to know what you do want.

8) Take baby steps. Take action to move out of your comfort zone. Be prepared to make some changes. Don’t just think about it – do it!


9) Find patience. Finding your life purpose may not happen overnight. Take small steps to allow your purpose to grow.



No comments:

Post a Comment