Listen to Lisa on her ' Spritual and Irritable' radio show!

Listen to internet radio with The Difference on Blog Talk Radio

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Grumpy

I am VERY Grumpy today.

I know I should do some positive affirmations, read my goals, take some exercise or at the very least be grateful for even taking a breath this morning, but I really can't be arsed. I am in a grump and decide to wallow in my own self pity for at least the next 24 hours.

I think my day started to go downhill when, after waking, I glanced in the mirror only to discover my hair was a blob of indescribable frizz. Now, previously this was a common morning occurrence in my household. However, just a few weeks ago, I forked out a small fortune to have the frizz chemically straightened with the promise that I would stay sleek, straight and totally unaffected by humidity for at least 3 months.

This revelation started a major tsunami of negative thoughts to hijack my mind including:

1)Great, this product works on everyone but me. I am so crap.
2)God I look so ugly
3)I am going to be single for the rest of my life
4) It is a good job I am single as I seriously could never have sex at a man's house and wake up next to him looking like this.
4)There is something fundamentally wrong with me and I am just some sort of reject in this life.

I allow the tragic victim voice of my negative belief system to flood my mind for the rest of the day so that I can sit, in the sun, scoffing large amounts of peanut butter on toast washed down with a large glass of Merlot.

No comments:

Post a Comment